Here at Broadband Market, we treat your privacy and the security of your data very seriously. We are open and transparent as to the circumstances in which we collect data from you and more importantly, what we do with your data once collected and how we keep it secure.
The aim of this policy is to explain clearly and simply:
- What personal information we collect?
- How and why we use your personal information
- Who we share your personal information with
- How we store your personal information and
- Your data rights.
From time to time, we may make changes to this policy. We suggest that you check back every now and again to make sure you are happy with any changes.
Should you have any questions or queries about this policy, we would be happy to assist. Please direct your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal information do we collect
When you visit our website, we may collect information about you. We collect the minimum personal information necessary for our purposes.
How and why we use your personal information
We use personal information:
- To provide an availability check. We will need your address to carry out that check. Knowing your address, we can show you the available suppliers in your area.
- To improve service. With the information about your visit on our website and how you use it. We can customise or enhance your experience and ensure that our content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- For marketing and advertising. We can perform research to help us understand the geographic coverage of our visitors.
To use your personal information, we need a lawful basis. The legal basis under which we collect and use your personal information is our legitimate interests. Relying on legitimate interests, we take on extra responsibility for ensuring people's rights and interests are fully considered and protected. We only use data in ways that people would reasonably expect and that have a minimal privacy impact.
Who is your personal information shared with?
When we share our information with third parties, they will process your information as either a data controller or as our data processor and this will depend on the purposes to share your personal data with such third parties.
We will only share your personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection laws and regulatory requirements.
We may share personal information:
- with broadband suppliers whose products and services are listed on our websites, to help them provide quotes and to carry out your switch.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
- With legal advisors to obtain professional advice.
- To provide information in circumstances where we are required to respond to properly made requests from regulatory bodies, including the ICO and OFCOM.
- To aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage, in order to help us develop the website and our services. We may provide such aggregate information to third parties, for example, content partners or advertisers. These statistics will be anonymised and will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
Whenever we share your information, we will only disclose information to the extent it is necessary and, as far as is reasonably possible, make sure the arrangements are in place to ensure that your information is kept secure, in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and is only used for the purpose for which it is disclosed to them.
How do we store your personal information?
Broadband Market keeps your personal information secure and has procedures in place to protect it.
The length of time Broadband Market retains your personal information will vary, depending on the circumstances. Your personal information will be retained on our systems for as long as is reasonably necessary for the relevant activity.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you
Your data rights
You have the following general rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- To request access to your personal data: is commonly known as a “data subject access request” which, when made, enables you to receive a copy of personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it in accordance with the law.
- To request rectification of your personal data: this enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- To request erasure of your personal data: you can ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it.
- to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- to comply with a legal obligation;
- for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research, historical research, or, statistical purposes where erasure is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of that processing; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- To object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on legitimate interest: you may object to us processing your personal data based on legitimate interest where there is something about your particular situation that you feel impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. We would not be required to cease processing your personal data if we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information that override your rights and freedoms.
- To request restriction of processing of your personal data: you can ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following instances: (i) you want us to establish the accuracy of your data; (ii) where we are unlawfully processing your data but you do not wish us to erase it; (iii) where we no longer require your personal data but you need us to retain it because you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- To request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party: where you have provided and consented to use automated information, you can ask us to transfer the personal data, either to you or to a nominated third party, in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
How to exercise your legal rights
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact: email@example.com
In order for us to comply with your request, we may ask you to provide specific information to help us confirm your identity and establish your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights).
How to exercise your legal rights
We aim to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Should your request be particularly complex or you have made a number of requests, it may not be possible for us to respond within one month. In these instances, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your request or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the ICO: https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Use of 'cookies'
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
16 or under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/ guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Our Company InformationBroadband Market Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 13999910
Broadband Market Limited
27 Old Gloucester Street
LONDON WC1N 3AX